Quick and Easy
Enter a few pieces of information for a real-time decision.
Pay Over Time
Make easy monthly payments at as low as 0% APR.
No Hidden Fees
Know up front what you'll owe, with no hidden costs and no surprises.
What is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit payment products. Affirm offers real-time financing for purchases online. With Affirm, you can buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it in fixed monthly installments from 3 to 24 months. For example, instead of $1,500 up front, pay only $63 a month at 0% APR over 24 months. A down payment may be required.
Why buy with Affirm?
Here is what Affirm offers:
- Buy and receive your purchase now, and pay for it over time. This allows you to split up the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
- If Affirm approves you for a loan, Affirm discloses your loan terms before you make your purchase. You’ll know exactly how much you’ll owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll be paying over the course of the loan. Affirm does not charge hidden fees.
- The application process is secure and in real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm will notify you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you will have to pay off your loan, all within seconds.
- You don’t need to have a credit card to make a purchase. Affirm lends to its partners directly on your behalf.
- Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you. You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history.
- Affirm will send you email and SMS reminders in advance of your upcoming payment. You can also enable “Autopay” to schedule automatic monthly payments on your loan.
How does Affirm work?
Here are the steps in the Affirm loan application process:
- Select to pay with Affirm at checkout.
- Affirm will prompt you to enter a few pieces of information – your name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. Please ensure that all of this information is your own and is consistent information otherwise you may experience difficulty with your checkout.
- To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm will send a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code into the application form.
- Within a few seconds, Affirm will notify you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you will have to pay off your loan. You will have the option to choose to pay off your loan over time. Affirm will also state the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
- If you would like to accept Affirm’s financing offer, click “Confirm Loan” and you’re done.
How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
Affirm will ask you for a few pieces of personal information – your name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. Affirm uses this information to verify your identity, and to make an instant loan decision. Affirm will base its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you. This means you may be able to obtain financing from Affirm even if don’t have an extensive credit history.
Does Affirm perform a credit check?
Yes, when you first create an Affirm account, Affirm performs a 'soft' credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This 'soft' credit check will not affect your credit score.
Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
Please contact Affirm via email at email@example.com, Affirm will notify you of the reason(s) for the decision via email.
How do I make my payments?
Before each payment is due, Affirm will send you reminders via email and SMS that will include the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You can also sign up for autopay so you don’t risk missing a payment.
Please follow these steps to make a payment:
1. Go to www.affirm.com/account
2 .You will be prompted to enter in your mobile number where you will be sent a personalized security pin.
3 .Enter this security pin into the form on the next page and click “Sign In.”
4 .You’ll now see a list of your loans and payments coming due. Click on the loan payment you would like to make.
5 .You can make a payment utilizing a debit card or ACH bank transfer.
Are there any interest or fees associated with Affirm loans (late fees)?
Affirm loans vary between 0% APR and 30% APR simple interest. The corresponding finance charge is the only fee associated with an Affirm loan. Affirm does not charge late fees, service fees, prepayment fees, APR penalties or any other hidden fees for a late payment. They strive to always be more transparent and fair than any other form of financing.
When You Have Been Approved There Is No Obligation To Purchase
Didn't Get Approved? SEE BELOW
*Subject to credit check and approval. Down payment may be required. For purchases under $50, limited payment options are available. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC. See www.affirm.com/faqs for details.
- No Credit Required, Katapult will approve you for up to $3,500 without looking at your FICO score.
- Checkout for as little as $45, Please note, this $45 checkout fee in NON-REFUNDABLE.
- 90 days same-as-cash, if you pay off your items in 90 days, you'll pay the cash price plus 5%. (Plus your initial $45 payment)
- Pay over time, get the items you want today. Then make the minimum term payments and you'll own it, or buyout early and save.
- Flexible payments, we setup your payments to match your pay dates on either a weekly, every other week, twice a week or monthly payment schedule.
Please note: We do not accept returns of Impact Dog Crates products purchased with Katapult financing after 10 days of receiving your new product(s). Any Impact Dog Crates products returned within our 10 day return policy must be in NEW, functioning condition.
Can I lease to own multiple items at once?
Do I have a limit on how much I can lease to own with Katapult?
Katapult provides you with an available Katapult lease to own amount that can be used to lease products once you are pre-approved. Your available Katapult limit can be viewed on the success page of your application, in emails that Katapult sends upon approval, and on your personal account page here. Pre-approvals are not guaranteed indefinitely and may change based on varying factors, such as your personal financial circumstances, where you shop, and how long ago you applied, among other factors. Katapult may change your pre-approval in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you. Review the Customer Portal for your most recent pre-approval information.
Do I pay sales tax using Katapult?
Yes. We charge and collect sales tax. Sales tax is added to all lease to own payments and buyouts.
Does Katapult accept down payments?
Not currently, but this is something we are working on for the future, so check back with us.
Does Katapult charge an interest rate (Annual Percentage Rate)?
No, we offer you a lease to own program. Customers are entering into a lease purchase agreement to lease products with an option to own, by exercising an Early Purchase Option or making all lease to own payments scheduled in the lease purchase agreement. The lease purchase agreement is not a credit transaction. Lease to own payments do not include an interest rate or APR and these will not be used to calculate the lease amount.
We consider the following four factors when calculating the lease to own payment.
1. The cash price of the product
2. The state in which the customer resides
3. The maximum term a customer can lease the product
4. The state/city sales tax rate
How do I cancel my order?
Please contact the retailer to cancel your order before it has been delivered. We will cancel your lease purchase agreement once we receive the retailer’s confirmation that the order has been canceled. If you want to cancel the lease purchase agreement after the product has been delivered to your home, you will need to reach out to the Katapult Customer Service Team to coordinate the return by calling 833- KATAPULT (528-2785) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the LiveChat feature.
How do I make my Katapult lease to own payments?
Your first lease to own payment is due at checkout. Then recurring lease to own payments are automatically charged to the card you provided at checkout. You can also make lease to own payments by logging into your Katapult account. You can access your lease purchase agreement account information on our site by clicking here. Please contact customer service using Live Chat or call at 833- KATAPULT (528-2785) if you need to update your account or payment information.
How do I use Katapult?
You can apply at any of our partner stores online or in-store. If approved, you will be provided with an available Katapult lease purchase agreement limit that can be used to lease to own a product.
For qualified products, you may get a lease purchase agreement in a few simple clicks.
- Select the Katapult button on the checkout page
- Enter a few pieces of information to verify your identity and payment information. Don’t worry, our application does not request checking account, employment verification or personal references.
- Receive an instant decision
- Review and submit your order and the retailer sends you the products!
We’ll send you a welcome email that gives you access to your account, customer service, and more.
In addition, you have several options to acquire ownership of the product you are leasing. Katapult lease to own offers flexibility that may make it more attractive than financing. With each payment, you have the option to continue leasing, buyout, or return your items.
How much does my Katapult lease purchase agreement cost?
With Katapult, the power to save is in your hands. Katapult offers early payoff options to keep more money in your wallet. The sooner you payoff the more you save.
If life gets in the way and an early buyout is not an option for you right now, that’s okay, with Katapult you can continue to lease to own and make payments on a schedule that is convenient for you.
Visit the “Cost of ownership” page under for more details.
In which states is Katapult available?
We are currently only available in the United States. We do business in 46 states and Washington DC. We presently do not do business in Minnesota, New Jersey, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
My credit is not the greatest. Do I need to have good credit to apply for a Katapult Lease purchase agreement?
No credit? Bad credit? No problem. We understand that things come up in life. We work with customers that have no credit, bad credit or a bankruptcy. “No credit required” does not mean nor imply that no inquiry will be made of credit history or creditworthiness. We may check past transactional history and report information about your lease purchase agreement to credit reporting agencies, but no established credit history is necessary.
What are the advantages of a Katapult lease purchase agreement vs. a loan (financing)?
Loans generally offer lower recurring payments than lease purchase agreements, while lease purchase agreements offer the flexibility of continuing to lease, buy, or return the product. Also, there is no danger of penalty interest (be that compounding or deferred) or loan acceleration with Katapult.
Loan: You can borrow money to buy something and you pay it back over time, plus interest.
Katapult Lease purchase agreement: You make the appropriate lease purchase agreement payments on or before the due date for the use of your products. With each payment you may choose one of three options:
1. You can continue using the products by making the lease renewal payment in advance of the payment due date.
2. You can buy the products at any time.
3. You can return the products to Katapult with no further obligation, except for any past due balances and any restocking fees that may apply.
What are the terms of a Katapult lease purchase agreement?
Our auto-renewing lease purchase agreements are 12 – 18 months depending on the lease amount and state in which the customer resides. With a Katapult lease purchase agreement you have three options:
1.) Continue to make lease payments and a portion of every payment goes toward reducing the buyout price.
2.) Buy the products outright at any time during your lease purchase agreement term.
3.) Return your item(s)
For more information regarding the terms of your Katapult lease purchase agreement you can contact Katapult by calling 833- KATAPULT (528-2785) or by using LiveChat.
What do I do if I need to return the products from my Katapult lease purchase agreement?
Customers have the right to return their product within 30 days of receipt of their product or such other deadline as stated in your return policy and receive a refund of applicable money paid with the exclusion of the initial $45 payment, unless refunding the initial payment is required by applicable law. Your return policy stays in effect for transactions made with Katapult.
If your return window of 30 days (or more where applicable) has passed, customers may contact Katapult and return the product(s) to Katapult, releasing them from future payments.
What is Katapult?
We are the leader in the no credit required, lease to own space. Have bad credit? Don’t have credit history? Not an issue. We offer a simple, straight-forward lease to own payment option to help you acquire the products you want and need from our top retailer and merchant partners. These include electronics, appliances, furniture, automotive, musical instruments, and more.
What is lease to own?
We are glad you asked! Lease to own means that you make recurring payments for the use of the products you have selected. You have no long term obligation to continue leasing, and can return the product to Katapult at any time with no further obligation other than for amounts past due.
In addition, you have several options to acquire ownership of the product you are leasing. A lease purchase agreement through Katapult offers flexibility that may make it more attractive than financing. With each payment, you have the option to continue leasing, buyout, or return your items.
Lease to own gives you the power to purchase what you need when you need it.
What is needed to apply for a Katapult lease purchase agreement?
- A valid mobile phone number that can receive SMS text
- A valid US address
- A valid Social Security or Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN)
- A valid email address
- A valid credit or debit card to make payments (no prepaid or gift cards)
- A valid photo ID showing you are 18 years of age or older
Getting pre-approved for a Katapult lease purchase agreement does NOT affect your credit score!
Who can get a Katapult lease?
Anyone over 18 years old may apply and may be approved, other requirements apply.
Why is it important to make Katapult lease to own payments on time?
Failure to make on-time payments could result in late fees and will impact your ability to get a Katapult lease in the future.
Will Katapult remind me to pay my bill?
Everyone is a little forgetful, so we try to help. Before each payment is due, we’ll send you a text message and an email regarding the payment date and the amount of your next lease to own payment.
We now offer Splitit as well!
What is Splitit?
Splitit is a global payment solution enabling shoppers to pay for purchases with an existing credit card by splitting the cost into interest-free monthly payments.
How does Splitit work?
Splitit requests authorization from the shopper’s card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper’s available line of credit. Then, each month, according to the shopper’s payment plan, the installment amount is collected and Splitit requests authorization for the remaining balance.
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a TV totaling $1,000 in 5 installments of $200 each:
1. Splitit obtains authorization from the credit card company for the full purchase amount of $1,000. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving $1,000 from the shopper’s line of credit.
2. The credit card company then charges the shopper $200 for the first payment.
3. During the second month, Splitit requests authorization for the outstanding purchase amount of $800, and charges the shopper the second installment of $200.
4. This authorization and charge process continues until the full $1000 is collected–in this case, for 5 months.
Note that the held amount might show as ‘pending transaction’ on your credit card statement.
Splitit requests authorization from the shopper’s card company, reserving the total purchase amount from the shopper’s available line of credit. At the time of purchase, you will only be charged for the first payment, but the entire amount will be held on your debit card as a temporary hold, and released within 5 business days.
Here is an example of how the service works for a customer buying a pair of shoes totaling $300 in 3 installments of $100 each.
1. Splitit obtains authorization from the credit card company for the full purchase amount of $300. This is not a charge on the card; it is simply reserving $300 from the shopper’s line of credit and will be released within 5 business days.
2. The credit card company charges the shopper $100 for the first payment.
3. During the second and third month the shopper is charged an additional $100 until the payment plan is complete.
*Some merchants will only accept credit cards and not debit cards.
Is there an application process for Splitit?
Splitit requires no application or registration. There is an instant approval by using the shoppers existing credit card level.
What fees does Splitit charge me?
You will not be charged interest and there are no hidden fees.
Which cards are supported by Splitit?
Splitit is supported by Visa, Mastercard, and UnionPay.
How do I track the installment payments on my card statement?
Each month, your credit card statement displays the installment charge amount for that month, along with the merchant name. You will also see the authorization/hold for the outstanding amount dropping by one installment, every month. In addition, Splitit will email you after each successful installment charge.
How do I receive a report of my installments?
When you make a purchase using Splitit, you will be asked to provide your email. Splitit sends you credentials so you can log in to the Splitit consumer portal to check your installment status and view other information regarding your purchase. The portal can also be found in the footer of the website.
Can I pay off my installments early?
Yes, you can. This option is available on your Splitit consumer portal or you can contact our customer care at email@example.com.
What happens to my credit score if I use Splitit?
Nothing. If you use a Splitit installment plan there is no impact on your credit score. The bank simply sees the individual installment charges each month. If one of your payment authorizations is declined, there is still no effect on your credit rating; it is simply a declined charge.