Stay-at-home-Dogs have it super ruff sometimes. Everyday, dogs have to eat all of the treats, watch out for the mail, yell at the squirrels, watch you eat your food, test the durability of their toys, make occasional appearances in your Zoom meetings, exercise, and somehow squeeze in 14 hours of sleep between this incredibly tight schedule. This is why our dogs require so many naps.
Fortunately, the canine species is very skilled at sleeping anytime, anywhere. To become a master of napping, dogs must learn the various types of Dog Naps. Some of these are incredibly dangerous stunts- like sneaking power naps on forbidden couches. Other Dog Naps require selective hearing, tight spaces or uncomfortable pillows that look exactly like real dogs.
Here are 15 (of the many) types of Dog Naps that were captured on camera. Thank you for noticing your dog sleeping like a goof ball and taking a picture of it.
Side Note: You may also notice that many of the dogs pictured are shocked that their humans had the AUDACITY to take a photo of them sleeping.
1. The "Weighted Blanket" Nap. - Submitted by Melissa B.
2. The "Fine, but I'm only going out for one drink" Nap - Katie L.
3. The Cat Nap. - Tiffany R.
4. ▶︎▼◀︎▲ The "Gamer" Power Nap. - Mindy N.
5. The "Don't steal my toy while I'm sleeping. I'm serious" Snooze -Megan H.
6. The "I'm too stubborn to move from this spot" Nap -Jen W.
7. The "this is surprisingly comfortable" Snooze - Carolyn G.
8. The "whatever. I give up." Nap -Jessica C.
9. The "Hide & Seek Champion" Nap -Wendy C.
10. The "Post-Workout" Nap - Will B.
11. The "I'm just resting my eyes until someone opens the fridge for snacks" Nap - @jaimec0817
12. & 13. "Sploot" and "Donut" Naps captured in one rare photo. - Jaimie M.
15. ..and finally, the very popular "is my dog broken?" Nap - Melanie Y.
Which type of nap is your dog taking right now?
Thanks for submitting these entertaining photos of your fur-friends!