- Place your crate in the shade as much as possible.
- Use a reflective shade cloth over the crate to protect your dog from direct sunlight.
- Attach a cooling fan to your crate to allow ample air flow and ventilation.
- Hydration Station! Provide your pup with at least a half-full bucket of water, especially if you're leaving your dog for an extended period of time.
"While dogs can certainly overheat from spending too much time in direct sunlight, it is important to remember that air flow is the key to keeping your pets comfortable during hot days." - Ed Thomason (handler)
"Does the temperature of an aluminum crate get hotter than a plastic crate?"
The answer is no. Aluminum can cool faster than plastic. Plastic tends not to feel as cold or as hot, but this can be a double-edged sword: plastic has higher heat capacity, meaning it will stay at a temperature longer than aluminum.
Do you have a question for us? Ask us anything regarding your dogs or our products- we're happy to help! Email us at email@example.com, send us a message on Facebook, or tune into our live episodes of #AskEd!
Share this post
- Tags: air flow, crate fan, discount, discount code, free, hot weather, plastic, safety, tips, ventilation