Aluminum crates vs plastic dog crates
THE ADVANTAGES OF ALUMINUM
- Aluminum is stronger and more durable than plastic.
- In the event of a crash, an aluminum dog crate absorbs impact within the distortion, and the force is not transferred to your pet. With plastic dog crates, when an impact occurs, the case will often flex or deform and transfer the majority of the impact energy directly to anything inside of the case. The plastic crate will crack and possibly allow your pet to escape on impact.
- Aluminum is non-toxic and easy to clean.
- Aluminum has no odor, while plastic crates can collect unsavory odors over time. This can make it more difficult to keep a plastic crate clean and hygienic.
- Aluminum dissipates heat much quicker than plastic. It can cool faster than plastic. Plastic tends to feel not as cold or as hot, but this can be a double-edged sword. Plastic has a higher heat capacity, meaning it will stay at a temperature longer than an aluminum crate.
- Aluminum is completely recyclable, unlike cases made of plastic.
- Aluminum resists corrosion.
- Aluminum is a lightweight material.
- Aluminum is impervious to the degrading effects of UV Rays. Most plastic dog crates, unless mixed with special UV blocking materials, will discolor and brittle with age.