Skip to content
Talk to a Crate Expert
Better Think Twice- Foods your pup should NEVER eat

Better Think Twice- Foods your pup should NEVER eat

Whats your dog’s favorite snack?

We are all guilty of it. Handing over our pup a table scrap, or my dog’s favorite a coveted piece of banana. Although there are many human foods dogs can enjoy no problem, there are also some that can be very harmful and even deadly to your pooch.

Here is a list of common foods you should NEVER let your dog consume:

Xylitol- this artificial sweetener is commonly found in candy and gum. This can lead to your pup’s blood sugar dropping and liver failure.

Avocado- avocados contain Persin which in large quantities can become poisonous to your pup.

Onions & Garlic- can kill your pup’s red blood cells causing anemia.

Grapes & Raisons- can cause kidney failure.

Milk & other Dairy Products- can cause digestive problems.

Macadamia Nuts- even in very small quantities macadamia nuts can cause muscle shakes, vomiting, high temperatures, and weakness in the back legs of your pup.

Chocolate- containing theobromine, chocolate is extremely toxic to your pup and can cause heart problems, tremors, seizers, and even death.

Fat Trimmings & Bones- both cooked and uncooked can cause pancreatitis in dogs. Bones can splinter and cause cuts in your dogs digestive system.

Salt or Salty Foods- too much salt can lead to sodium ion poisoning for your pup.

Before feeding your pup a special treat make sure to ALWAYS double check if the food is safe for your pup. Although the more common foods are listed above there are still many more foods not listed that can cause illness in your pup. Always use the rule when in doubt check it out. It can save your pup’s life.