Written by Ed Thomason, Professional Dog Handler and Breeder.
Hello dog fanciers! Spring is here and before we know it the hot weather will follow.
Here are some useful tips that everyone can do to prepare for the heat while traveling with their dogs.
1. Spring Clean your vehicle.
Get all of the dust out that has gathered throughout the winter.
2. Replace your Cabin Air Filter if necessary.
This filters the incoming air into your vehicle. If you're not familiar with replacing your air filter, most local oil change stations can do this for you.
3. Replace and/or clean the filter on your rooftop air conditioner.
4. Install a temperature monitor system in your vehicle.
Make sure you have one that alerts you if your RV/Van loses power.
5. Check your Fire Extinguisher.
They have expiration dates.
6. Remember, if you think it’s too warm to close the doors, it probably is.
7. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in a parking lot while running.
We all love animals or we wouldn’t be in this, but winning ribbons is not our most important job. The everyday care of the dogs in our care is the most important thing we do.
Best of luck to everyone throughout Spring and Summer. Enjoy your dogs!
Check out these custom dog-transport vehicles!
Custom van conversion project by @mojoandfriends! Here's how this family lives life on the road with their two pups: Van Life With Mojo and Venus!
Custom-built dog transport van. Size 400 Stationary crates shown. Photo by Stephen W.
Beautiful RV setup by Vikki M.! Size 400 Collapsible crate shown.